Global Purchasing and Supply Chain (GPSC)
A world of opportunities awaits those who join the Holden Global Purchasing & Supply Chain team. We are responsible for procuring all goods and services used by Holden in four of our global business regions.
With approximately 180 employees, our team has a wide variety of responsibilities, which include obtaining direct and indirect materials, machinery, equipment and services from our global external supplier networks to provide crucial support to all facets of Holden.
In a close-knit and supportive environment, you can look forward to a career filled with challenges, excitement and opportunities for personal development. You will get the chance to interact with all regions, not just within the Holden network, but also General Motors worldwide.
GM Holden GPSC currently has exciting 12-month full-time Co-Op Student opportunities commencing in January 2012 available across:
- Continuous Improvement
- Production Planning
Positions are open to students who are currently undertaking an undergraduate degree in Business, International Business, Logistics or Commerce or related disciplines with at least one semester of study to finish upon commencement of the placement.
Holden doesn’t just build cars, we build careers
For 60 years Holden has inspired Australians with our cars, it’s time to find the team who will drive Holden into the future. Help us shape the future of Holden and we’ll help you shape your career. We work as part of a diverse, talented and passionate team of professionals to exceed expectations.
About the Co-operative Student Program
Holden’s Co-operative program is a 12-month industry placement starting in December 2012 or January 2013 and is a valuable career booster that takes you one step closer to landing your dream job on graduation.
Our Co-operative program is designed for students to get hands on industry experience where you have real ownership of what you do. You’ll work within a team environment where your development and performance is top priority.
Our program is open to eligible undergraduates from a range of different business areas, so you’ll share this world-class experience with people from all kinds of backgrounds.
Who we’re looking for?
The Holden Co-operative Student Program is ideal for students with one semester left of their undergraduate degree to gain experience in your area of study. We offer placements in these functions;
- Sales and Marketing
- Global Purchasing and Supply Chain (GPSC)
- Corporate Affairs
- Human Resources
We look for students from a variety Undergraduate degrees including;
- Engineering; Automotive, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Aeronautical, Chemical and Product Design
- Design; Industrial, Interior, Textile, Product, Transport, Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Multimedia, 3D animation, Digital Design
Business; Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, International Trade
- Communications; Public Relations, Journalism
- Supply Chain Management, Logistics and International Trade
- Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology
You will be required to submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, & academic transcript which are reviewed against predefined criteria.
For positions within our Design team you will also need to submit a Folio of your work in addition to the online application process.
Tip: Make sure you’re cover letter is tailored to Holden and your resume is up to date
If your application is progressed you will contacted by our recruitment team and conduct a phone screen with us.
Tip: Be ready for our call. We’ll give you a time and date to be expecting our call!
Successful candidates (after the phone screen) will be invited to take part in an Assessment Centre which will involve:
- Information session: access to service line representatives, service line information and explanation about the recruitment process is offered to selected applicants
- Group activity: team based assessment. This typically includes groups of four to six candidates engaged in a survival scenario exercise being assessed for their Problem Solving, Peer Relationships, Drive for Results and Initiative.
- Behavioral-based interview: a one-on-one behavioural based interview with a Holden Hiring Manager/s lasts for approximately 45 minutes. This is an opportunity for us to find out more about you and for you to ask more questions about us. You will be asked questions that require you to reflect on your past experiences and present specific real-life examples to demonstrate your skills and behavior. Interviews will not take place on the same day as the Assessment Centers.
- Arrive early to give yourself time to settle in and get to know the other candidates attending the Assessment Centre
- Research behavioural based interview questions. Taking some time to think about the great things you have done completing your course or work experience can really help with these interview questions
You will be required to provide us with one referee for us to contact to complete a reference check - ideally this would be a professional referee e.g. Manager, Supervisor, Lecturer.
Tip: Check in with your referees to make sure they’re available for us to call them
Successful applicants will receive a telephone call from the Holden Talent Acquisition team offering a position with the company. Once you are made an offer, you will receive your contract in the post. This means you will be able to read and send this back to us via a pre-paid envelope.
You will take part in a full day induction on your first day where you will get to meet all the other participants in the program, learn more about our organisations and have a forum to ask questions and build networks.
How we communicate to you?
Make sure you keep a close eye on your email. We will be contacting candidates throughout the process via email to keep you updated on the progress of your application and invitation to interviews. We will call you after.
How to Apply
To apply for our Co-op Program, you must be undertaking a relevant undergraduate degree, and have at least one semester left to complete at the time you start your placement. Australian citizenship or permanent residency is required for all Co-op Student positions. If you are an international applicant, you must have a relevant visa that allows you to work full-time during the period of employment.
HOW TO GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD?
- Applications for our 2012 Co-operative program will be open Monday 16th July – Sunday 12th August 2012. Applications for Design students will open Monday 16th July – Sunday 5th August 2012
- You will need to apply online via the Holden Careers page
- You will need to complete the online application form, complete all required application questions, upload your CV/Resume, cover letter & submit academic transcript