Considering a career in funds management? We're worth the investment
Colonial First State
Colonial First State is one of Australia's leading wealth management groups helping Australians with their investment needs since 1988. As a team, we are responsible for:
- Providing investment, superannuation and retirement products to individuals as well as to corporate and superannuation fund investors.
- Maintaining our FirstChoice product, which offers over 100 investment options. Some of these options are managed by us, and others are managed by well-known investment managers and specialist boutique managers.
- Providing value for money for our customers, and offering a choice of retail and wholesale investment products.
- Providing exceptional customer service, in every instance.
Our commitment to performance, service and innovation has made us one of the most consistently awarded fund managers in the country. From 2008 to 2012, we were the winner of Best Platform and the Best Fund Manager categories in the Wealth Insights Service Level Survey Awards.
Graduates gain exposure to our entire business, rotating within our business unit including:
- Product & Investment
Colonial First State Global Asset Management
Colonial First State Global Asset Management (known as First State Investments outside of Australia) is the consolidated asset management business of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
We are a global specialist investment manager, and have a long and successful track record of managing a range of investment strategies.
We offer specialist investment capabilities across four broad asset classes: equities, fixed income and credit, property and infrastructure. We actively manage our customers’ investments in order to deliver investment success.
As a graduate, you will have the opportunity to meet and work with investment professionals across a variety of asset classes, from all over the world.
When you choose to work with us, you’re choosing a business that’s very well regarded in the industry. In fact, we have been recognised as a global specialist investment manager with a number of industry awards, including:
- Euro Golden Bull – Angus Tulloch, Fund Manager of the Year (2011)
- Investment Week Specialty Group of the Year (2011)
- Morningstar Best Specialty Fund House (2011)
- S&P Fund Manager of the Year (2010)
Our two year program includes four, six-month rotations in several areas of our business unit. These include:
- Fixed interest and credit
- Property Infrastructure
- Product development / investment solutions
- Business development/institutional sales
You also have the opportunity to complete one of your rotations at an international location - typically London, Edinburgh, Hong Kong or Singapore.
If you’re keen to join our graduate program, here are some key dates you should note:
- Applications open 11 February
- Applications close 2 April
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application.
- Be completing your undergraduate degree in 2013, or have completed a university undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the past 12 months.
To find out more about Colonial First State Global Asset Management, our diverse range of graduate opportunities, the kind of people we’re looking for, and to apply, visit: www.commbank.com.au/graduate