ANZ is an exciting place to be right now. With a great brand and a clear strategy, we are a vibrant and growing business. We’re energised, open minded and innovative and look for the same in our graduates.
- Among top four Retail banks in Australia
- Top ten listed company on the ASX
- The largest company in New Zealand by assets
- The largest Australian bank in Asia
We know that great companies are about great people, and as part of our vision to become a super regional bank, we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best talent.
More than 40,000 people work with us across Australia and New Zealand, as well as Asia, the Pacific, the UK, Europe and the United States.
We are in an exciting period of ANZ’s history, moving to widen our influence across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific to become a super regional bank – the growth bank in the growth region.
Culture and values
At ANZ, we value energy, passion, integrity and initiative. We also value diversity. Our people's differences are celebrated because it brings new and fresh perspectives to the way we do business - and the way we will succeed in the future.
Our values are a shared understanding of what we stand for and how we do things. They describe the things we, as an organisation, are not willing to compromise on in any situation – with our customers, our shareholders, the community and each other.
Integrity – ‘Do what is right’
Collaboration – ‘Work as one’
Accountability – ‘Own your actions’
Respect – ‘Value every voice’
Excellence - ‘Be your best’
Our Summer Intern Program
The Summer Intern Program at ANZ is a great way to explore a career with us, and gain invaluable experience in the corporate world. During your placement we will ensure that you get a genuine feel for a career in the banking and finance industry. You will meet graduates and managers, work as part of a team and develop great skills important for future success in the workplace.
What we offer
The eight-week program has been designed to ensure participants get the most out of their time with ANZ. All Summer Interns will be offered the following:
- A one day induction to ANZ
- On-the-job learning
- A dedicated intern manager
- A past or current graduate to act as a buddy
- A performance feedback discussion
- Opportunity to be considered for a 2014 graduate program role
- Networking opportunities
Programs on offer
- International and Institutional Banking (Melbourne and Sydney)
- Corporate and Commercial Banking (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth)
- Regional Banking (Various locations)
- Retail Banking (Melbourne)
- Wealth (Melbourne and Sydney)
- Operations (Melbourne)
- Risk (Melbourne)
- Strategy (Melbourne)
- Be a citizen of, or hold permanent residency in, Australia or New Zealand at the time of application
- Be in the penultimate year of your undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Have achieved at least a credit result (65%) in your degree
How to Apply
To apply, all you need to do is fill in your application online, attach your resume and a copy of your passport, and enter your academic results.
Visit our website for application tips and information about our recruitment process, from the application stage right through to receiving an offer.
How to apply
Online at: www.anz.com/graduates
When to apply
Applications will be open from Monday 16th July to Wednesday 8th August 2012
We are offering roles across Australia and New Zealand.
For applicants interested in the Regional Banking intern roles, please note that the placement could be based in either a CBD or in a regional location. Applicants are required to be mobile if preferencing a role for Regional Banking.